Readers of all ages will explore all things underground this summer as the Cherry Valley Library presents the "Dig Into Reading" Summer Reading Club. Activities include programs on dinosaurs, construction vehicles, animals that live underground, and more!
Summer Reading Club is simple; you read books and earn prizes! Program registration begins on Tuesday, May 28. Stop by the library to sign up for the reading club and any of the daily programs you wish to attend. The last day to register for Summer Reading Club is July 3.
• Children ages 2 to 18 may participate in the Summer Reading Club.
• Each child registers at the Summer Reading Club table on the children's side of the library.
• Programs and prizes run June 10 to July 26.
• All ages receive a logbook to record the titles of books read over the summer.
• Children sign a contract with the Children's Librarian to set a summer reading goal.
• The library offers a variety of programs, give-aways and contests all summer. Each week, a different prize is given to kids who record books.
• Children who finish their reading contract goal by July 26 will receive a ticket to the final party at the Northeast Family YMCA.
Diggers (ages 2 - 5): dig up at least 21 books
Burrowers (ages 6 - 11): dig up at least 11 books
Archaeologists (ages 12 - 18): dig up at least 2,000 pages Click here for information
Reading Goal Party at Northeast Family YMCA
Summer Reading Club participation is free to Cherry Valley Library card holders. Out-of-district fee for participation is $10 per child or $25 per family.